An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Investment Analyst to join a successful and growing Investment Management Company.
Wise Funds are investment managers to the TB Wise Multi-Asset Growth and the TB Wise Multi-Asset Income funds, launched respectively in 2004 and 2005, totalling about £170m assets under management. Both funds have achieved top quartile performance over the medium to long-term by investing across a selection of global funds and equities and are gaining interest with a broader client base.
Wise Funds Limited is a standalone company within the Oak Investment Partnership. The Partnership is employee-owned and is home to Wise Investments Limited (a financial planning and discretionary fund management company), Evenlode Investment Management Limited and Wise Funds Limited (both of which are Investment Management Companies).
We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated individual to join the Wise Funds investment team. This role is an integral part of the small Wise Funds team. As such, it is viewed as a long-term position, with significant potential career progression within the Wise Funds business over time.
As a Senior Investment Analyst, your primary responsibility will be to provide high quality analysis for both existing holdings in the portfolios and potential candidates for our investable universe. Your focus will be both on equities and funds research. Some prior experience in those areas is a requirement. The output of the analysis will be presented to and discussed with the portfolio managers leading to investment decisions. This role is suited to an investment analyst wishing to progress to a portfolio manager role in the medium term.
As well as full-time candidates, we will consider part-time applicants or candidates who require flexible working hours.
Role and Responsibilities
The role of Senior Investment Analyst will include but is not limited to:
- Data collection and initial data analysis for new investment candidates.
- Quantitative analysis, qualitative analysis and modelling for new investment candidates.
- Meeting with company management, sell-side analysts and investor relations teams to gain detailed insight into company managements, business models, competitive positions and strategic plans.
- Meeting with external fund managers to understand their investment process.
- Present and discuss company and fund analysis with portfolio managers.
- Contribute to the investment decision-making processes.
- Update financial models following interim and final results for companies in the Wise Funds’ portfolios and investable universe.
- A dedicated, self-motivated individual with a highly analytical mind and with relevant experience reading and analysing financial statements. As our funds are multi-asset, any prior experience analysing funds would also be preferable.
- An articulate, confident communicator able to work in a close-knit, small team and represent the company in client and company management meetings.
- A passionate investor willing to progress from an analyst role to a portfolio management role.
- Competent with Microsoft Excel as well as investment analytics tools (FactSet, Bloomberg…).
Salary and Benefits
|Basic Salary||TBA – Dependent on work experience|
|Pension contribution||5% of basic salary. Salary sacrifice available|
|Profit Share Scheme||Not guaranteed and subject to a qualification period|
|Holiday allowance||29 days, plus Christmas week and bank holidays|
|Personal Medical Insurance||Ability to add family coverage|
|Individual training budget||£1,500 per year (10% can be used for personal development training)|
|Death in service||4x basic salary (capped at £245,000)|
|Income protection||Maximum 75% of basic salary (capped at £145,000)|
|Working hours||35 hours per week, with flexible working policy|
|Probation period||6 months|
Offers of employment are reliant on receipt of satisfactory references and background checks such as adverse credit and DBS.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. All applications need to be in by latest June 29th 2019